Shéhérazade! Maria Beloso Hall
- “A contemporary approach to the Arabian Nights, where femininity is expressed with vibrant energy and humour.”
- — Malek Chebel, Figaroscope (Paris)
- “...A quirky translation, performed with arresting physicality and innuendo.”
- — Alexia Baracaia, The Stage (London)
- “A sparkling adaptation that renders all the original spice...”
- — Mario Serenellini, La Repubblica (Torino, Italy)
About the show
Paris based Anglo-Spanish actress, Maria Beloso Hall, brings to life the mythical Arabic feminine figure Sheherazade in an intimate one woman-show. Audience and actress meet to share a moment of simple pleasures, swathed in Sheherazade’s powerful presence and suspended by the force and magic of evocative storytelling.
Savour a taste of the Arabian art of living, and discover the poetry, the humour and the eroticism present in the original texts of The Arabian Nights.
Shéhérazade! was first written in French and subsequently translated into English. The text has also been translated into Spanish and Italian and tours in Italy, Spain, France and the UK.
Written, Performed and Directed by Maria Beloso Hall
in collaboration with Frederic Ruiz and Philippe Risler
Music direction and Percussion by Joël Grare
Costume and Set Design by Nefertiti La Foraine